1. Understand what is happening. (Someone is asking you to use alcohol or other drugs.) Realize that this is serious.
2. Remind yourself WHY you should stay clean. (It’s illegal and it can kill you.)
3. Say, I don’t do that stuff. It takes courage to do what’s right. Give a reason only if you want to.
4. Offer another choice. Use this step if the person offering you a drink or other drug is someone you want to keep as a friend. If your friend doesn’t respect your decision they are not a friend, then use step 5.
5. Leave! There are some friends you may have to give up.
If you or a friend or loved one is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol, please give us a call right now.