What to do when someone is asking me to do drugs?
- Just say “No”. It’s really that simple. You don’t need to give a reason. Just tell them NO
- Understand what is happening. (Someone is asking you to use alcohol or other drugs.) Realize that this is serious.
- Remind yourself WHY you should stay clean. (It’s illegal and it can kill you.)
- Say, I don’t do that stuff. It takes courage to do what’s right. Give a reason only if you want to.
- Offer another choice. Use this step if the person offering you a drink or other drug is someone you want to keep as a friend. If your friend doesn’t respect your decision they are not a friend, then use step 5.
- Leave! There are some friends you may have to give up.
If you or a friend or loved one is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol, please give us a call right now.
If you need help for an adult in your life Addiction No More is a locator service for treatment programs for adults.