Long-term alcoholism and drug addiction can cause one’s personality to change. This is called the Biochemical Personality. Some of the characteristics are:
* Mood swings
* Unreliable. Unable to finish projects.
* Unexpressed resentment and secret hatreds.
* Dishonesty. Lies to family, friends, employers.
* Withdraws from those who love him. Isolates self.
* May appear chronically depressed.
* May begin stealing from family and friends.
Addicts cannot stop using drugs for two reasons, these are:
Cravings caused by drug residues which remain in the body.
The Biochemical Personality caused by drugs and the lifestyle of the addict.
Addiction-Help Free My Addiction. Services are undertaken in the strictest of confidence. The use of any and all information provided is restricted to a confidential addiction and substance abuse assessment and the determination of an appropriate addiction treatment center.
In United States and Canada, if you suffer from drug and/or alcohol abuse and need substance abuse counseling or know someone who does, you can find the substance abuse counselor that’s right for you. Do yourself and those around you a favor, get the help you need now!